IECA Code of Conduct for Conferences, Seminars, Training Courses and Trade Shows
AS A MEMBER AND PARTICIPANT IN A CONFERENCE, SEMINAR, TRAINING COURSE AND/OR TRADE SHOW, I WILL ACCEPT AND FULLY AGREE TO ABIDE BY, HONOR AND ENFORCE THE CODE OF CONDUCT STIPULATED BELOW:
- No one, except for paid exhibitors in their assigned exhibit space, shall be permitted to solicit business and/or hand out literature within the trade show area.
- Poster displays will be limited to technical subject matter. No sales literature will be allowed to be illustrated or distributed at these displays.
- Speakers and/or participants involved in technical sessions, workshops, seminars and/or training courses will not be allowed to display or distribute sales literature during the scheduled time of the session in which they are participating.
- Exhibitors shall be limited to designated areas for the purpose of soliciting and/or business transactions. No soliciting of trade show attendees from a competitor's booth will be allowed.
- The Executive Director, appointed marshal, or other designated official shall interpret this Code of Conduct and resolve areas of conflict as they occur.
- Products, trademarks and/or services used in presentations may only be used when pertinent to the specific presentation and such products, trademarks and/or services cannot and may not be used in a promotional capacity.
- Persons officially representing IECA at conferences, seminars, training courses, trade shows or other events, may not use the "official function" for self promotion or the promotion of their own business or products, including distributing personal business cards. This policy applies to the official posted hours of the function, during which time the promotion or solicitation of personal business is not allowed.
- Allegations of violations of this Code of Conduct shall be resolved according to IECA's Procedures for Handling Allegations of Unethical Conduct.
Revised: 05/97, BEN; 09/23/97 BEN
Approved: 11/01/97 by the IECA Board of Directors